Friday, August 30, 2013

August will always be mine :)

August has always come by with some sort of drama or eventful turn of events. And well, being born in the month, I've kinda sorta claimed it as mine. I'm thankful that this year, it's been good to me :)

After what was a rather dark and messy July, August has been all sunshine, family, friends, great food (lotsa cheese!), coffee, wine and love. The Australian adventure and the birthday had a lot to do with that, but also the other little things interspersed between- reconnections (with people, yoga, running and myself), music, hugs, dance and chocolate.

Some of the anger, sadness and frustration is still there, but with some concentrated effort I've made a little more room for the happiness and peace too. And well, burned a few bridges and cut down on the drama and negativity inflow. Necessary evils I suppose.

Tomorrow, as a fitting crazy finish to the month, I head to church for a wedding in the morning, take my oath and sing the national anthem as a Singaporean in the afternoon, practice some Spanish dialogue in the evening, and celebrate our births with champagne and the Mauritian in the night. One heck of a Saturday, I hope :)

I'm in a much better place, and I'm so grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment