Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The space between the moments

While it's kinda true that my adult life has most often been a case of 'Amri and the boys', I do have a few very close girlfriends who I cannot imagine life without. These are the girls who've held me when I've cried (either happy or sad tears), who've listened to me sans judgement over a bottle of wine at my most vulnerable, who have loved me in spite of all my hangups, and who've just always been there, with advice and make up tips and love across distance and time zones and regardless of the battles they're fighting too. Just thinking about them while writing this is making me tear up :)

[Incidently, at the same moment that I'm writing this, the Universe sends me a note. Talk about divine intervention: 

In times of great stress and great joy, Amri, you are completely surrounded by loved ones in the unseen who adore and support you, wanting to share whatever you're experiencing.

So at those times, if you can remember to be calm and quiet and go within, you'll feel them, you'll remember them, and you'll benefit most from their presence.


Actually, Amri, they're there 24/7, lovingly carrying on, hooting and hollering, having their pictures taken with you, each claiming credit for your piercing life insights, your calm in the face of chaos, and your famed 1, 2 thingy when you bop to music and think no one can see you... ]

Anyways Ems and Sid took me out for my birthday last night. And over a cheese platter, burgers, garlic prawns, feta-stuffed grilled eggplant and too much bubbly, we caught up and swapped tales about the going ons in our lives. An amazing chocolate brownie and a birthday song in a random bar later, we hugged each other in a high, way past our curfew. And in the space between those moments of breathless laughter and pure happiness, a feeling of utter gratitude and love crept in at having them in my life. They've seen and been with me through some of the toughest and happiest moments of my life here, and are really part of the family I've had the honour of choosing :)

Dance, an amazing massage, chocolate, cheese, champagne, music, and so much love from so many people.. It's been a good couple of days :)


No comments:

Post a Comment