Monday, August 19, 2013

That maiden post.. again.

It's a funny feeling to create a whole new blog for what must be the 14th time now, and realize you've come a full circle in the world of blogging platforms, back to where you started your first blog years ago :) And well, also stumble across blogs you created along the way and then promptly forgot about.. untouched little corners of cyberspace :)

Birthdays have a way of making you rethink and reevaluate and reconsider your life, and then well, start another blog or something to feel like you're on the right track to achievement. No qualms about it, this blog is exactly that- an attempt at documenting what my life will be like during this next 365 day roadtrip around the solar system... Ooooh, wordplay.

Also, not having your birth date posted on Facebook brings with it the phenomenon of having a clean wall and being pleasantly surprised by those precious few friends who remember your birthday anyway, mostly due to attempts at branding this in their brain over the years.. so this is my public declaration of gratitude for those phone calls and messages and texts across the time zones!

Technically, backtracking 2.5 (and a bit) decades ago, I haven't been born yet, with the whole Swedish time zone and night birth thing, but oh well, it's still my birthday somewhere in the world now so I might as well get down to it. But I'm starting to cringe at how self-involved and narcissistic this post sounds, so I think I might just stop here for now...

.. but not before reliving my Fade to Black birthday cake moment :D

No comments:

Post a Comment